Saturday, November 10, 2007

Friday Night Lights (Southern Style!)


This blog is written by Jan, an associate of David's. Just a slice of why she loves living in Lake Wylie:

I've lived in eight different Southeastern states, so I've heard more than my share of Southern slang. I mean, I grew up "fixin' to do something" and that sort of thing. Still, I'm just tickled to death when I hear a new Southern phrase.

So, last night, I attended the Clover High School football game to watch the Clover Blue Eagles play the Laurens Raiders in the first round of the Division II 4A playoffs. Actually, I did more than "attend" - - I hollared my fool head off.

It was a GREAT game. The Eagles had us worried as the Raiders scored two quick touchdowns. It was not lookin' purty. Then, some darling Eagle picked up a fumble on the one yard line and those boys were "on like a pot of chicken necks." They went on to score 5 beautiful touchdowns and win the game 35-21. Bless their hearts.

Anyway, back to that Southern slang thing. As I was walking in the stadium last night, I greeted the ticket taker and asked how he was doing. His reply? "I'm hanging on like a hair in a biscuit!"

New one! Not sure I'm going to incorporate it into my everyday vocab!

Don't you just love living in the South?? Now, y'all join us in Greenwood next week as Clover advances to the next round of the playoffs. Ain't that just finer than frog's hair?

Visit my website Lake Wylie Real Estate for property searches, helpful information for waterfront residents, Lake Wylie links and community information.

No comments: